Qiara Pregnancy & Breastfeeding is a probiotic specifically designed for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers and their babies. Containing the patented strain of probiotic Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716, which was originally found in breast milk, Qiara Pregnancy and Breastfeeding has been shown to help: -
- maintain a healthy microflora, important for you and baby before, during and after pregnancy
- restore balance of good bacteria in breast milk that may have been reduced by antibiotics, or other external factors
- relieve or reduce breast pain and discomfort associated with mild mastitis while breastfeeding
- reduce the recurrence of mild mastitis
- Improve general digestive and gut health
Take Qiara Pregnancy & Breastfeeding from preconception, in your last trimester or throughout your entire pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Who Should Take Qiara Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Probiotics?
- Any woman who is pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- To support general good health during the entire pregnancy or at least in the last trimester
- Any woman who is breastfeeding
- Qiara is a probiotic strain that was originally derived from healthy breast milk flora (not from bowel flora). It fortifies breast milk which in turn may improve the infants gut health
- Both mum and baby benefit from Qiara Pregnancy and Breastfeeding- there is no need to give a separate probiotic to the baby if mum is taking Qiara
- Any woman experiencing breast pain or symptoms of mild mastitis, Qiara may assist in reducing the discomfort
If symptoms of mastitis persist for more than 24 hours, seek medical advice.
Research suggests an infant’s microbiome begins its colonisation in the womb therefore it is important that a mother’s microbiome is strong and robust during pregnancy, for delivery and during breastfeeding.
Along with a healthy diet and lifestyle, taking one sachet of Qiara Pregnancy and Breastfeeding sachet daily while pregnant may increase beneficial flora levels contributing to a healthy robust microbiome.
Establishing good gut health and a strong and robust microbiome can have lifelong benefits for your baby.
For more information on the role breast milk isolated probiotics can play when planning a baby, see
Breastfeeding continues the important transfer of beneficial bacteria that begins during pregnancy. A mother’s microbiome and breast milk quality can have a significant impact on the overall health of both baby and mother, it is therefore essential to optimise microbiome health.
Clinical Research conducted using the single probiotic strain in Qiara, Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716, shows that it may reduce discomfort associated with breast pain and mild mastitis and the recurrence of mild mastitis. Qiara achieves this by aggressively targeting and outcompeting the pathogenic bacteria in breast milk that may be causing the pain and infection. It also helps to restore and maintain a healthy balance of protective flora in the breast milk microbiome to help prevent recurrence.
Taking one sachet of Qiara daily while breastfeeding may assist in increasing beneficial breast milk flora levels.
Birth By C-Section?
A study of 627,600 Australian births reported that women who gave birth by C-Section were 70% more likely to be diagnosed with a complication affecting breastfeeding and their babies are at higher risk of infection.
C-section mums are routinely administered antibiotics to prevent infection. While necessary, antibiotics are not selective and can also reduce the levels of beneficial and protective flora in the breast milk. This can lead to an imbalance between the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ bacteria and a condition called Dysbiosis. Breast milk dysbiosis can lead to an increased risk of infections such as mastitis and can also impact the colonisation of the infant’s microbiome and consequent development of their immune system which may affect the health and immunity of the child for life.
Taking Qiara daily before and after your C-section may assist in maintaining the balance of good bacteria in breast milk.
Dosage and Preparation
- Each box of Qiara Pregnancy and Breastfeeding contains 28 single-dose sachets of oral powder.
- Each sachet contains no less than 39mg/3 billion organisms of Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716
- The recommended dose is 1 sachet per day, simply mix into water, juice, a smoothie, soft food or even sprinkle on your cereal and consume immediately. Qiara is almost tasteless, so its easy to take, even during pregnancy.
- If experiencing breast pain, mild mastitis or are taking prescribed antibiotics, it is recommended you take two sachets per day, 2-3 hours before or after the antibiotic dose. Continue taking this dosage for one week after completing the antibiotic course, then go back to the regular dosage.
What makes Qiara Probiotics Different?
Isolated from breastmilk
Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT 5716 is a probiotic isolated from breast milk which:
- Has a history of safe prolonged intake by newborns and infants.
- Is uniquely adapted to reside both in the human digestive tract and in human breast milk and to interact with the human baby.
- Has been clinically shown to pass into breast milk when taken orally by the mother.
It is safe for both mother and baby and may play a critical role in preventing local infection in breast tissue and establishing a healthy microbiome in the infant.
Single strain vs multi strain probiotic
The difference between promises and results is research. It is important to select the right probiotic strain researched for and suited to your needs.
Many probiotic companies provide broad spectrum probiotics containing multiple strains in a single dose. However, clinical trials for probiotics are usually conducted with a single strain rather than with multiple strains, and it is unclear how multiple strains in a single dose may interact with or inhibit each other.
Qiara Pregnancy & Breastfeeding contains 3 billion microorganisms of Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT 5716, the same dosage of exactly the same single strain used in clinical trials.
We run several health food supplement stores in outer suburban Melbourne and have been involved in the supplement industry for over 20 years. If there are other supplements or brands you are wanting please do not hesitate to message us and we will get back to you within 48 hours with a quoted price as we have access to most herb and supplement brands via our retail stores and are more than happy to provide postage discounts for multiple purchases.
We specialise in herbal supplements, nutritional supplements as well as bodybuilding and sports nutrition from leading and reputable brands both Australian and international. Please add us to your favourite sellers, we look forward to doing business with you.
If you have made a purchase and change your mind we are happy to accept returns within 30 days of purchase. The return postage will be the responsibility of the buyer while purchased goods must be returned in original condition and unopened. Please contact us if you wish to make a return.
We accept Payment via Shopify Payments - Powered By Stripe from your nominated cheque account, savings account or credit card. Orders will be sent when payment has cleared. Please pay for your items within 48 hours of purchase.
For orders placed and paid for by midday on weekdays, items will be posted that day. For orders placed after this time they will be sent the following day. We use Australia Post as our primary delivery provider using both standard mail and Express options. Once your items have been sent a tracking number will be uploaded and emailed to you allowing you to track your delivery.