Salt of the Earth Celtic Sea Salt 650g Fine
Mineral dense, highly nutritious salt
Salt the way nature intended
Salt of the Earth’s fully mineralised Celtic Sea Salt is a whole salt the way nature intended. With approval by “Nature et Progres” of Europe ensures you are receiving an organically harvested, quality product.
The tradition of Hand Harvesting Celtic Sea Salt began over 900 years ago and has been passed on from generation to generation. This exact same process is still in production today. Pure sea water is channelled into shallow clay basins and evaporated with the sun and the wind and the actions of the salt paludier leaving you with a whole Celtic Sea Salt containing the natural balance of minerals from the ocean.
- A naturally harvested unwashed salt contains irregular crystals with sharp edges. Look out for washed salt that appears rounded and semitransparent. Just because it’s a pretty colour doesn’t mean you’re getting a whole salt complete with ALL the minerals that should be there.
- Salt is naturally hygroscopic. This means it will attract moisture from the air. This is why refined salt contains Aluminum Silicate as an anti-caking agent, to keep it dry and free flowing. Although convenient it is not something we should consume. Some varieties of salts market themselves as a natural product, however, come dry and do not attract moisture from their air. Do the melt check – in a humid environment, place a crystal of salt of the bench. If this does not contain any anti-caking agents in a humid environment the crystal will begin to melt throughout the day.
- Salt flakes are produced by boiling salt water for 15 hours until it forms pyramid like flakes. This looks attractive and delicate, however, what minerals would be left after such intense boiling?
- The reason our Celtic Sea Salt works so well is because of the natural balance of minerals from the ocean is the same as our own bodies saline solution. We are not designed to consume pure Sodium Chloride which is why refined salt has caused so many health concerns over the years. Some salts that are mined from the mountains are from old oceans. This salt has travelled through the mountains collecting minerals over thousands of years. This dramatically alters the precious mineral balance leaving pockets completely inedible.
- When choosing a salt, you should be aware of the country of origin. What food standards are in place in this country and are they monitored by any Organic standards. Our Celtic Sea Salt holds approval by “Nature et Progres” in Europe. As part of this approval, regular testing for mineral balance and heavy metal pollutants must to be performed ensuring its purity.
- Not all salts are equal… Some salts may be marketed as Sea Salt, however, are no more than a refined product. Why pay a premium price and to receive a refined salt?
- Do the taste test… You will notice the difference yourself. Our Celtic Sea Salt has a subtle flavour that melts in your mouth and stimulates your saliva glands.
We run several health food supplement stores in outer suburban Melbourne and have been involved in the supplement industry for over 20 years. If there are other supplements or brands you are wanting please do not hesitate to message us and we will get back to you within 48 hours with a quoted price as we have access to most herb and supplement brands via our retail stores and are more than happy to provide postage discounts for multiple purchases.
We specialise in herbal supplements, nutritional supplements as well as bodybuilding and sports nutrition from leading and reputable brands both Australian and international. Please add us to your favourite sellers, we look forward to doing business with you.
If you have made a purchase and change your mind we are happy to accept returns within 30 days of purchase. The return postage will be the responsibility of the buyer while purchased goods must be returned in original condition and unopened. Please contact us if you wish to make a return.
We accept Payment via Shopify Payments - Powered By Stripe from your nominated cheque account, savings account or credit card. Orders will be sent when payment has cleared. Please pay for your items within 48 hours of purchase.
For orders placed and paid for by midday on weekdays, items will be posted that day. For orders placed after this time they will be sent the following day. We use Australia Post as our primary delivery provider using both standard mail and Express options. Once your items have been sent a tracking number will be uploaded and emailed to you allowing you to track your delivery.